Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (PG)


A day late and a dollar short.

Sue me.

This review is coming from someone who hasn't read any of the books except for the first one, nor seen any of the movies except for the first one. A very interesting take on the whole Harry Potter craze if I do say so myself.

To a "non-believer" like myself, the movie starts off where I'm assuming the last one left off. Something I don't know about. Something... I won't even try and go into.

After becoming familiar with the cast it was quick to jump in to the story along with Harry and the gang. It didn't even feel like I missed much since the first movie. Just you know, five more movies and five years of puberty.

The story pretty much follows the classic tale of good versus evil. Harry always ends up being right... like always.

The one thing that really made this stand out to me, was the maturity of the cast. Not in the literal sense of them being mature, but how they wrote the movie so the cast was able to act their age. For example after Griffondor takes a victory in a Quidditch match, they all go back to the dorms where they have kegs of "Butter Beer" where Ron proceeds to make out with some obsessed whore.

I won't say it's a must watch. The main reason I went is because my girlfriend wanted to see it.

If you've seen the others, go see it. Otherwise proceed with caution.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is in a theater near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment