Saturday, July 11, 2009

Horsemen (R)

The rental label on this movie says ACT/HOR. It's a thriller. One with lots of blood, some jumps, and a really disturbing plot. So I guess... it really is a horror movie!

If you're smart, you'll be able to predict the movie from the getco and this will be one of the worst movie experiences ever. But even if you can't catch it early, you should still solve the mystery before Dennis Quaid and his awful parenting skills do.

There's some killings going on in Detroit. Much to my dissapointment, it wasn't some thugs shootin up a drug dealer. These are planned out and very symbolic slayings.

For all you religious nuts out there, you should get the symbolism by the title. But if you don't, just read the back, or wait for the movie to begin before imagining Dennis Quaid riding a horse while he's being decapitated. (Even though I threw in the Headless part myself, and this actually ended up being a terrible joke.)


It's a very solid flick and I left this review so bare because if I was to give away more you'd be able to figure out the movie fairly quickly. It kept my interest. Enough to really piss me off when my DVD player would stop reading the disc.

Horsemen hits rental/retail stores on 7/14!

1 comment:

  1. It's collllllld in Detroit.

    Looks like I'll be checking this one out. I need a bad horror fix.

    ReplyDelete