Monday, July 20, 2009

The (Really) Great Buck Howard (PG)


Another film for Tom Hanks' "Playtone Galaxy."
His little "Playtone Galaxy" originated from an earlier film of his "That Thing You Do." Being a favorite of mine, I was quick to pick this one up and give it a quick looksie.

Right off the bat it feels like "That Thing You Do." I really cheesy yet extremely entertaining movie. The movie really has a loose "whatever" sorta feel to it at the beginning. It's a really laid back film that really doesn't make you think a lot.

Howeve,r once the ball gets rolling you really begin to feel for Buck. It's actually really sad, but it's a great feel good movie, especially seeing it through Troy's (his assitant) eyes.

I'd say if you like it, buy it. If not, just return to your local video store. I don't think I'd pay full price for a retail copy, but I'd gladly pick it up used.

"The Great Buck Howard" hits stores on 7/21!

No comments:

Post a Comment